Ear Training & Sight Singing
I listed both ear training and sight singing together as they are closely related and interdependent. Many of the links on previous pages (for beginners and advanced students) contain ear training exercises as well.
- No more excuses! You can practice on the go with one of those ear training apps!
- Big Ears: The Original Online Ear Trainer.
- Good Ear: Online Ear Training Site.
- Intervals: An ear-trainer applet that teaches students of music to identify intervals of the chromatic scale.
- The Kodály Method: a special approach to music education. Just like children learn to speak before they can read and write letters and words - so will children sing, play and dance before they are introduced to the notes. Many of the principles can be applied to adults as well.
- You may be interested in purchasing books and/or CDs to help you practice. If you plan on taking the RCM examinations, you may be interested in a structured course to suit your level, for example Ear Training and Sight Reading Books and CDs by Carol Schlosar, or other ear training publications found on the Frederick Harris Music Publications catalogue.